EN1607 – Determination of tensile strength perpendicular to faces of thermal insulation products
The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Performing a tensile test according to the specifications of the standard
- Recording a the required amount of data points to capture the force deflection curve accurately
- Ensuring only axial loading is introduced to the specimen
- Performing the tests according to the specifications of the standard - Instron engineers have designed a custom tension fixture in order to adhere to the stringent requirements of the tensile blocks as stated in EN 1607
- Recording the required amount of data points - Bluehill® Universal allows the user to adjust the data sampling rate of the software, up to 1 kHz, in order to capture the most data points
- Ensuring axial loading - The tensile blocks are attached to the frame using flexible couplings to ensure that only axial loading is being applied to the thermal insulation specimen
It is important to review EN 1607 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
Bluehill Universal Software is built from the ground-up for touch interaction and an intuitive user experience. Discover simpler and smarter testing with features such as pre-loaded test methods, QuickTest in seconds, enhanced data exporting: and Instron Connect – a new feature that provides a direct communication link to Service. Users of previous versions of software such as Bluehill 2 and Bluehill 3 can easily upgrade to the newest version of Bluehill.
- 2.6 MB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 6.8 MB
Instron 3300 Series Universal Testing Systems for Tensile, Compression, Bend, and other material property tests.
- 2.2 MB